Poster une réponse 

Note de ce sujet :
  • Moyenne : 0 (0 vote(s))
NFL news
11-08-2016, 03:59 AM
NFL news
The Seahawks squeaked by the Bills on Monday, but an officiating gaffe might have saved the NFL from another overtime period Personalized Rams Jersey. A wild first half between the teams concluded with Pete Carroll and Rex Ryan losing their respective minds. Sure, Ryan often loses his cool on the sideline, but this time there was good reason. Bills kicker Dan Carpenter lined up for a 53-yard field-goal attempt and subsequently was blasted by Richard Sherman off the edge. The officials called offsides, which Sherman was, but they blatantly missed another foul. Dean Blandino, the NFL's Senior Vice President of Officiating, tweeted that Sherman should have been flagged for unnecessary roughness for hitting the kicker. "I went straight for the ball," Sherman said on the field after the game. "I didn't go for the kicker. That (tweet) don't mean nothing to me. They've missed a ton of calls." Buffalo had no timeouts at their disposal, and with Carpenter writhing around in pain, the team was charged an injury timeout. That meant Carpenter had to miss a down (if the officials got it right he could have stayed in). Ryan called a spike so Carpenter could return, and after he lined up again, the Bills were flagged for delay of game. The kicker then knuckle-balled the 53-yard attempt wide right to keep the game at 28-17. But as we know now, it should have been a 38-yard try. "Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous," Ryan said afterwards Personalized Seahawks Jersey. "It was wrong. It's clear what happened. The guy roughed our kicker. ... From an officiating standpoint I think they can do a little better than that Personalized Eagles Jersey. "He roughed our kicker and then he's over on the sideline basically taunting us. I told him, 'You're too good of a player to act like an (expletive).' " The miss could have been the difference in the game. Tyrod Taylor, who was excellent, drove the Bills down the field late in the game, but was unable to convert in the red zone. Had Carpenter scored on its first-half try, Buffalo could have needed just a field goal to send it to overtime. Instead, Seattle won 31-25.
Trouver tous les messages de cet utilisateur
Citer ce message dans une réponse
Poster une réponse 

Aller à :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 1 visiteur(s)